Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Winter, London, and the Future

The weather has just started to turn this last week or so, and a cold edge has started to come in (thank God). Wont be long now til the weather is becoming decidedly winterish, til we start making family plans, wearing thick coats and scarves, and buying in bottles of festive liquor... This year if I can I want to make it through to Richmond for the turning on of the Christmas Tree Lights, where they give out hot drinks and glasses of sherry in the freezing weather. Awesomeness...

Two Christmases ago we were in Richmond (one of the most magical places in the world) for New Years Eve, and as it drew near to midnight we left the pub we were in and went to the town centre, where there must've been 200 people all gathered round the town Obelisk, counting down the last minute, then cheering, hugging and kissing. It was cool. We might do it again this year.

It will seem like no time till I am looking back on this blog and have completed my course. Hopefully I will have my masters too, and maybe we will live in London. I want to experience Christmas in London, I want to walk through trafalgar square when it is snowing, wrapped up in a warm coat with my family, holding a black umbrella, watching the cabs drive past, and planning a hot meal when we get back to the house involving several courses infront of a roaring log fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment