Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All Nighter

It is currently 3:30 am.

I have been working virtually non-stop on my essays now for twelve and a half hours, sat on my own in lecture room one.

I have drunk 7 espressos, and done ALOT of work.

I decided to take a moment and write this blog at the halfway point. I have 2 essays 99% completed now, with footnotes, bibliographies and all that jazz. One was 3000 words, the other 2250 words.

I now have another 3000 worder to complete, and another 1500 worder.

I expect that I will be finished around 9 am. This is going to be interesting.

I could just say 'sack it', go to bed, miss a few deadlines and not get the first I know I am capable of...

But I'm not going to do that, for several reasons.

I found out yesterday morning at the hospital that our baby is another little boy, and today while working was hit by the same feeling I had when we were pregnant with Joel; a sort of reality check moment something along the lines of 'Wow, I'm about to have a child, I must provide for it, I must do something with my life', but this time I was so pleased that I'm over halfway through my degree now, and en route to getting a first, that the feeling came as a sigh of relief rather than a moment of panic.

The awareness that these essays I am writing are my family's future mean that it's ok, I'll pull a 7-espresso dazed 24 hours of non-stop work all-nighter, because this is my wife and my sons we're talking about here, and they will have the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment