Sunday, January 22, 2012

4 Essays In A Day

The combination of losing my Grandad, having a sick and pregnant wife, a one-year old baby, going to hospital several times and having a job has meant that today is the only full day I have had in 2 weeks to work on my essays, all of which are due on Thursday. I have done a decent amount of work on them so far, but the barrage of life which I have been attempting to stand up under has been distracting me quite effectively, and so now I am sat in my parents front room in Richmond with my laptop, totally exhausted at 11 am, hoping to be able to get somewhere near completion of all my essays in one day.
Fat chance.

I think Ill post updates to this blog post as I go to help keep me sane :)

Bring it on (in the most weary sense possible).

Update 1 - 13:22
It's amazing what food, drink and a shower do for a mind that needs to focus. I have a thousand words done for 'covenants' now, and 500 more to go before I comb back through the whole thing adding footnotes, condensing sentences, and finding sources on google books. The baby is sleeping (glory be) and I am finally feeling 'in the zone'.

Update 2 - 16:07
We had an appointment at 2 to look at a house were possibly moving to in Catterick. I just got back on and am no further forward.

Update 3 - 17:03
The first rough draft of 1500 words on Covenants in the Old Testament is now finished. Moving on to the significance of Martin Luther now. Just had a sandwich. Ham and Wensleydale cheese. Nom nom nom.

Update 4 - 19:17
1500 words done on Martin Luther so far... And just went to pick up a curry for Sydney. Man, Luther was a racist! That dude really hated the Jews. Another 1500 to do...

Update 5 - 22:55
Just had a very long talk with Sydney about University stuff, still not done much more. Aaaaaagh.

Update 6 - 00:05
Spent an hour working through it all and deleting fluff and pointless filler from the essay. I still only have 1500 words. Gonna go pee, then have a bit to eat and a drink and see if I have any more work left in me.

Update 7 - 01:10
Hrrrngg. Orange yoghurt is the best yoghurt. I am so tired. MMM nice warm fire. Im going to bed now. Got 2200 words done on Luther. All 4 essays are done up to a first draft. They all need tidying up considerably and all need loads of references, but that will have to happen another day. Good night, and good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment