Monday, October 10, 2011

Early October

In the whirlwind of work, study, family, food, sleep, friends, music, rain, shorter daylight hours, lectures, laughter, and life, things feel so different.

Im sat in a classroom at 4 pm, it's early October. Over the summer, when there was very little to do, I felt very different. Pretty bored, calm, and thoughtful. Now, things never stop. I have virtually no time to quietly repair and reflect, I am just caught up in the whirlwind. My feelings have become so rich, so heady and intoxicating. Sat in a bright classroom while it grows dark outside and a light rain falls, I feel a tired excitement and joy bubbling beneath the surface, shot through with a weariness and a mild dizziness. I'm strangley aware of my sagging shoulders and the hair lying on my forehead and face. Im in a world of words, words on the projector screen, words on the whiteboard, words on my computer screen, words in the air, words from the lecturer, words from the students, words on the book on my desk, words on the cigarette packet on my mate's desk. They're all bouncing off my brain, which is choosing and absorbing them in spite of me. And still my undulating swelling and falling dizzy feelings are rolling around in my head and in my stomach. I feel like a pebble in the tide, and strangely enough, Im kind of enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment